Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14: Eleventh Maternity Checkup @W34

We missed our maternity checkup last week thus, this is eleventh maternity checkup.

Since it was W34 already, Dra. Evangelista ordered for a nonstress test. Basically, it is a procedure to evaluate your baby's condition, ordered for high-risk pregnancies. Fetal heartbeat is monitored in a given period of time, recording the times when the baby is both resting and moving. Generally, baby's heart rate should go up when the baby's moving. There is also a range to measure baby's movement, or contraction if any. At this point of my pregnancy, baby should be actively moving but not to the point of a contraction.

The procedure was new to me but I've been reading up and I was looking forward to good results. My tummy was strapped to a monitor and I was asked to press a button every time I feel Euen move. It took about thirty minutes and it was painless.

Tita Cel was happy with the results. It was normal.
Next week is an ultrasound week. Yey!

Short talk with Ikoy.
Ikoy: Nuni, malapit na ang birthday ko! Pagkatapos ba ng birthday ko, lalabas na si Baby Euen?
Me: Oo!
He's as excited for Euen's arrival as much as he is for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment