Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hand Me Downs

As I'm nearing towards the end of my pregnancy and as we await for the day that Euen finally arrives, we received a lot more of hand-me-down-baby-sutff, from relatives and relatives' friends (a.k.a. sisters' friends). The first picture is a very cute and colorful zero to three month, strawberry and stripped set from Baby Katka and Tita Aves, Shashings' bestfriend. Of course, the cute elephant bib is probably because Shashing likes elephants.

I have read somewhere that you shouldn't buy too much baby clothes, since babies would just outgrow them.

Since my bestfriend already gave me a whole wardrobe up to twenty four months (thanks to Ate Annika and Kuya Alfons), I was able to stop myself from shopping and just bought these few items: 2 sleeveless onesies, 2 sleeved onesies, 2 newborn pajamas and 2 pairs of mittens. Euen received advanced Christmas gifts also, she had a few pairs of socks. Thanks to the Santos family, our neighbor who's very thoughtful, and to Tita Michelle, my cousin.

Then came hand-me-down clothes from newborn up to three months from Tita Aa and Kuya Caleb. Yes, the colors are blue and brown but they are still soooo cute, especially the onesies and body suits. More socks, mittens and hats as well.

A couple of months ago, Tita Ina, Denden's cousin from the US, left me a message at Facebook congratulating us and asking for Euen's gender. She was hoping it was a girl so that she can send us all the baby stuff of her daughter, Justine. Baby stuff not only meant clothes but a lot more of baby things that we didn't have to buy.
1. Boppy Pillow for nursing.
2. A diaper bag. Good to have an extra.
3. Select a Show Soother, a soother with various sound choices with a projector.
4. A pile of bibs, from the smallest, cutest bibs up to toddler bibs.
5. More than 50 pairs of colorful socks. For newborn up to two years.
6. More baby accessories, hats, mittens, headbands.
7. A whole clothesline, from newborn to toddler: dresses, shirts, jeans, skirts, shorts, leggings.
8. Toys: teethers and Freddie the Firefly
9. Four pairs of the tiniest and cutest shoes you'll ever see.
10. Baby Wrap
11. Baby Monitor
12. And my most favorite of all, a portable playard, Pack 'n Play!

With all the clothes, I don't think we'll need to buy clothes for Euen until she's two years old. With all the baby stuff and baby gadgets we received, we are so blessed to have relatives and friends who'd graciously share their preloved baby stuff.

From the bottom of our hearts and my tummy, Denden, Euen and I are very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment