Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 9, 2011

June 20: First Maternity Check Up @W04

Due to J.P. Rizal's 150th birthday, this day was declared a holiday.

This was perfect timing because we've set our first maternity check up with the OB-GYN. I turned to my sister since she knew who would be the best doctor for me and baby. And she couldn't think of anyone better than her bestfriend's mom, Dra. Cecilia Cordero - Evangelista, or Tita Cel, as she wants me to call her. And so, with plenty of hopes in my right pocket and lots of worries on my left pocket, we went ahead. The goodnews is that pregnancy is 100% confirmed. It was on the fourth week.

It was after this that it came to me, this confirmation marks day one of being able to rejoice and be happy of this blessing. BUT, this day also marks the start of being worried at the same time.

Found out that my blood sugar is high, confirming that I am a Type 2 Diabetic. And diabetes in pregnancy is a "high-risk" pregnancy, especially type 1 or type 2 diabetes. A list of risks include: early labor, induced labor, miscarriage, very large babies, preeclampsia and birth defects.


Tita Cel prescribed meds for me and the baby and advised me to see her preferred diabetologist as soon as possible for me to be given insulin.

Thus, I came to Dra. Melanie Duran. After seeing my test results, she immediately told me that I'll be needing insulin. And also, I saw her nutritionist for my diet plan.

The next check up will be on Week 7, the first ultrasound to confirm baby's heartbeat. Can you imagine the overflow of worries on my left pocket? I set my mind, I will do anything and everything that needs to done for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment