Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Confessions Part One

Ever since I tied the knot almost four years ago, I declared to the world that I still have other plans before wanting to have a baby. I’ve always thought that I don’t want to be knocked up first, then, get married. And in actuality, I felt my wedding was a little overdue since my ideal age was 25 and I was 2 years past that.

A year after the wedding, I secretly wanted to have a baby. But this I kept to myself and I had to stick to the plan, which fortunately is falling into proper places.

Another year has passed and by then, nothing has happened still.

Until the day came that I had to confess to the world that yes, we are trying to conceive.
By this time, I have learned to chart my monthly fertility calendar, even taking my BBT’s in the morning. Months had passed and as expected on the calendar, my period never missed.


So, for the first time, we decided to get a “medical opinion.” Nothing extra ordinary, just the OB-GYNE, health card accredited doctor. I took the routine tests and I found out that I have “more than the normal” number of follicles in my ovaries, thus, the diagnosis is PCOS while hubby’s supply is running low. We took recommended medication and one step forward, clomid-follicle monitoring-pregnyl for two cycles.

In both times, my period came on the day it’s supposed to come. I brushed my frustration aside because I didn’t want to lose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment