Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sisters Day Out

Probably the last, if not the second to the last trip to Singapore, we booked our flight even before I knew I was pregnant. Fortunately, I got clearance from my OB to ride the plane. We decided that this visit will be just us sisters, with Kuya Shosh.

Unlike my previous trips to Singapore, this time, we had limited places to go. I couldn’t walk too far, especially go and up down staircases, and I get tired easily. Of course, I wouldn’t miss Ikea and its yummy meatballs! But I had to limit what I had to buy because of the baggage allowance, mostly baby stuff, decors for baby’s room. And it was Cherub’s first time to eat in Marche, and as always, it was a treat.

The five days went by instantly. It was a “mission accomplished,” we got to spend quality time with Lij. For some time now, I haven’t experienced having two sisters: living in same house, sleeping in the same bedroom, waking up and having breakfast on the same dining table. I missed that!
On the other hand, we also got to witness how her day starts and ends there, how she and K/S take care of each other.

I guess this trip was not for different places to visit, or tourist spots to go to. But it was for the sharing of stories of different people we knew, and sharing of experiences that isn’t only read thru emails or chats. This trip was for the endless talks and laughs on the MRT train that would almost make you miss your station. Or the long serious conversations on the bus that would make you wonder if you’re passed your stop already. It was for watching TFC teleseryes together even if you don’t really watch it back home. It was for old Tagalog movies that you wouldn’t mind watching again just to share with her, the feeling of being home.

When it was time to go, I asked her if she wanted to accompany us to the airport, she said she didn’t want to because she might cry. It was sad having to leave her and I know it breaks her heart as well. But what’s left is to cherish the last five days. After all, she exceeded half of the two years. A few months more and she’ll be back home. And we will look forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment