Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Lolo's

It was grandparent's day last weekend. No, we didn't greet the soon-to-be-lolo's yet, I will let baby do the honors next year. But we got to spend time with our two dad's over the weekend.

First was the dinner with the Felipe-Ong family. Papa Renren was anxious and couldn't help but ask if we knew baby's gender already, I told him, we'll know next month. I ask if he had a preference. A traditional Chinese answer would be a boy, so that was what I expected to hear from him. Surprisingly he said he hopes for a girl. I asked why, "Syempre, kasi dalawang lalaki ang anak ko." I told him perhaps my dad would want a boy because he had three daughters. Either way, one of them will be happier. We had a good laugh.

On yesterday's dinner with Papogs, I shared the story with him. Then I asked him what's his wish. He just said, "Kahit ano." He told us that when mommy was pregnant with my second sister, he wished for a boy. And he did the same for my youngest sister, but it wasn't granted. So this time, he'll just say, Kahit ano. We laughed all together because we were almost sure that he's still wishing for a boy.

My heart and my growing tummy is filled with happiness as we feel the excitement of the people around us. As for me, it doesn't matter if baby's a boy or a girl. My only wish is that he/she is safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment