Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Blues

He woke me up at 8AM, (note that I slept at 4AM because we watched a horror movie after we had our Noche Buena) because there were visitors and I had to prepare food. But it was perfectly fine, feeling that he needs me and he relies on me to help him, it's a push to get up from the pillows and soft sheets.

After the visitors left, we went to La Loma. This is the father-side Christmas Party a.k.a. reunion. For the past five years, get-togethers like these had been sad -- quiet maybe. There was something hidden inside each one's heart. Even though no one dared to say a word about it, the emptiness is very implicit on the silence and timid reactions. So, this year, I decided to make the presentation, like the one I did for the family of my mom. And being a panic-girl that I am and being the critic-type of them, I was scared that they won’t appreciate it and won’t pay attention to it. But as the song played, slide per slide, I heard laughter and cheers for every picture and description. And that was the best gift that I received from them.

This year, we didn’t dwell on those that weren’t with us anymore, but looked on the new family members that are with us this year: three new babies in our family. And best part is seeing how happy he was with Iko.



Picture taking wasn’t easy with these grown ups. We call on each family for a picture but all goes to the background and pose as extras. All of us had a good laugh.


At the end of the holidays, I got sick. Over fatigue I guess. But then again, it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment