Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sweet potatoes

After two weeks (almost) of rice cereals, I decided to let Euen try real food! First on her menu: sweet potatoes.  Here's what I did:
1. Wash the sweet potatoes.
2. Steam / boil / bake.  (I choose to steam.)
3. Cool then peel.
4. Sprinkle a little iodized salt.
5. Cut into small pieces.
6. Mash. (I used a blender, adding water little by little until desired consistency is attained.)

I use BPA free ice trays to stock and store for the following days.  I mix 2 ice cubes of the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of rice cereals, adding a little water for one meal.   Note:  feed with the same food for 4 consecutive meals to check if baby has allergic reaction to the food. 

Yes, the baby loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment