Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 2, 2012

Post Pregnancy Hang-ups

Aside from a slice on my lower abdomen, a wound that needs cleaning, a binder that needs to be worn 24-7, the best part of leaving pregnancy is the baby that came out of my tummy.

But I had one pregnancy symptom that still hasn't left. A few weeks before I gave birth, my wrists started to hurt, especially in the mornings. My OB said it is part of water retention. I didn't have edema, my hands and feet didn't swell. But anyway, the pain was tolerable and I hoped it will go away after I gave birth.

But NO. The pain actually got worse after I gave birth. I consulted my OB and she said, give it a few more weeks and it will go away. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in pregnancy and post pregnancy is common. I read it could extend to months, up to a year, post pregnancy. Sad and scary. I was very cautious and careful everytime I carry Euen. And I didn't want to give her a bath for safety reasons.

Another good part after pregnancy, I was back to being prediabetic. Thus, goodbye insulin! I still need to test my blood sugar once a week and I was prescibed with a once-a-day metformin.

Denden had a business trip and I was left alone with the baby for three days. Good thing Mamacherub came at night to bathe her.

Euen and I survived the three days home alone. It was a challenge but every time she stops crying and I stare at the sleeping baby, I forget that I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment