Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bottlefeeding the Baby

My maternity leave is nearing its end. In preparation for me, going back to work, I started pumping milk once a day and storing it in the freezer. I thought we wouldn't have problems with bottlefeeding the baby since she formula-fed during her first few days. But the first time we tried, we didn't succeed. Thawed milk was thrown away. I tried using freshly pumped milk but she still didn't want it.

Last night, I pumped an ounce of milk and prepped the other room. After her bath, she and Papa went to her room while I stayed in the other room. First attempt of Denden, she didn't want it. He let Euen sleep for a while and on his lap, he gave the bottle. Denden called me and we both watched Euen finish the ounce of milk! I was so happy and proud of my baby!

Denden will feed her once a day so she won't forget how to feed in the bottle. A bonding time for both of them, and a few hours of "me" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment