Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2011

My Little Messenger

This is how I told Ikoy that I am finally having a baby.
Me: Ikoy, alika, may sasabihin ako sayo.
He came close to me. I took his hand and placed it on my tummy.

Me: Sa tummy ni Nuni, meron nang baby sa loob!
Ikoy: Talaga?
Me: Oo!
Ikoy: Yehey! Yehey!

He jumped three times with arms raised up. I am not sure if he's really happy about the baby in my tummy or he's just relieved that he's not the baby anymore. He's actually been declaring lately that he's a big boy already, not a baby anymore.

Immediately, he went outside the house and excitedly called Papa.

Ikoy: Papa! Papa! May baby na sa tummy ni Nuni! May baby na sa tummy ni Nuni.
Papa didn't want to believe him.

Ikoy: Meron na Papa! May baby na sa tummy ni Nuni!
Papa still didn't believe him until I confirmed that it's true.

From then on, he started telling everyone that there’s a baby In my tummy, i.e. to sister on Singapore, on our video call. But of course, she knew already before Ikoy.

Ikoy, my little messenger. I let him do the honors of announcing to my bestfriend. “May baby sa tummy ni Nuni!” The first time Bing heard it, I think there was a surprised-shout that everybody in the restaurant heard, then she started crying. Ikoy kept on repeating, “May baby sa tummy ni Nuni!”, standing in front of her, which made her cry even more. She couldn’t stop crying and even Annika got worried seeing her mom cry. I had to tell Ikoy to stop talking.

Even to those people who shouldn’t know yet. We went to our neighbor’s party and he just simply broadcasted, “May baby sa tummy ni Nuni!” I was caught off guard and even if I want to hold off the announcement to the whole world I had to explain to our neighbors the case.

Since then, every week when I see him, he checks how’s the baby. He wants it to come out of my tummy already. He insists on seeing the ultrasound pictures and videos first, and asks me to explain. He’s worried when I inject insulin that the baby might get hurt. One time we’re both lying on the bed for our afternoon nap, he tells me he’ll sing a lullaby for me. After his first song, he puts his mouth in my tummy and sings the Lupang Hinirang, for baby to be able to sleep as well. He puts in fingers in my belly button and asks, “Nuni, nakikita ba ni baby yung daliri ko?” So funny.

He loves baby already. I think he’s pretty excited to be Kuya Ikoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment