Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6: Third Maternity Checkup @W11

I have survived the four weeks of bedrest after three birthday celebrations on my bed, a new Wi-Fi internet connection, a re-run of the 10 seasons of Friends, updated seasons of Pretty Little Liars, Cougar Town, Vampire Diaries, Raising Hope and HBO's mini series, The Pacific, after three weeks of Papa taking care of us, Denden taking over the last week.

It was time to go back to the doctor. This time, it was just me, Denden and MamaCherub. First was the check up with Tita Cel. As she told me to lie down, I thought it was just the same physical check up as before. But she placed a gel on my tummy and placed a gadget, after a while, I heard something. It’s like water gushing, or air breezing with an interval. And she asked if I can hear it. It's baby’s heart beat. It was heard all over the room. Denden and MamaCherub heard it too. I was shocked as I didn’t expect that. But it was the most beautiful sound! And it drove all my worries away.

Worries. It was a thing of the past. At least for the doctor. She said the bedrest is terminated, the baby is okay. She even said that there’s no need for the ultrasound again because she is that sure that the bleeding from last time is not there anymore. But I wanted to be sure, so we went ahead for the ultrasound.

The ultrasound was the exact opposite of the first time as well. Upon lying down, the sonologist came in and immediately saw the baby withOUT any signs of bleeding. From the monitor it looked like a fetus already, showing features of the nose on its side view. The arms and legs are already formed as well. And the baby kept on moving and moving.

Crown Rump Length: 4.9cm = 11 weeks 3 days.
Cardiac pulsation is regular and strong at 169 beats per minute

I paused for a minute and thanked Him for listening to my prayers.
Today is one happy and worry-free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment