Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lucky Pregnant Me


They say your luck increases when you're pregnant. For the eight years that I've been attending our annual company Christmas Party, the most the I've won in the raffle is a minor prize, a gift certificate for a few hundred bucks.

Last Friday was our Christmas Party. I already had a long day before the party. The first half, I was in the working in the office, took the half day off because of my scheduled ultrasound. We reached the hospital at 1pm and we were informed that the sonologist won't be in til 4pm. So we decided to go to Sta. Rosa to shop around. We were back before 4pm but the doctor came in at 5pm and we were finished past 6pm already.

I was actually having second thoughts attending the party since it was late already. The only thing I'm interested in was the raffle. But I was advised that it's okay to be late and I'm still eligible for the raffle. After two hours of traffic, I got to the venue. Had dinner, watched the presentations, sat and waited. The minor prizes were raffled off but I didn't hear my name. Waited for the first set of the band to be finished. While everyone was dancing and I was just plain, watching. Then the last five major prizes were raffled off. The fifth, fourth, third... I took my bag and headed for the exit. For the second prize, my first name was called, I paused and waited for the surname, (since there were two Eunice's)... Yey! I won a Samsung DVD Home Theater System.

My driver for the whole day, a.k.a. Denden said it was worth it. Euen indeed is our lucky charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment