Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Two Weeks with Papa

Denden took two full weeks leave that included his seven day paternity leave to attend to me and our baby. A few days after being discharged from the hospital, we were first time parents to our little angel.

Because I was still recovering, my movements were limited. My only task was breastfeeding Euen, all others, the new Papa took charge. That included taking care of me and not only Euen. The first few days I couldn't go up and down the stairs so food was brought to me. My wound needs to be cleaned daily as well. On top of that, he took care of the house and the dogs.

Not bad for a first time dad, Denden courageously led on taking care of our precious princess. Knowing him, he was fully equipped with all the research that he did on the web, he was prepared. From changing diapers, to which diaper brand is better. From using the co-sleeper to not using pillows and blankets for the baby. He looked forward to the morning-sunny-time on the stroller with Euen and the dogs. My favorite part is when he bathes Euen. The baby cries on the tub when she's washed with soap but she suddenly stopped with we put her on the pail to be rinsed. She enjoyed being soaked on the water. I guess it reminded her of the swimming pool in my womb.

I have to give three stars for Denden's well done jobSSSS. I wished the two weeks never ended. I felt and experienced, that we are a family.

But "Papa" needs to go back to work. So, goodluck to Euen and me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment