Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 4, 2011

Love and Other Drugs


An addition to my favorite movies, Love and Other Drugs is about an "almost-perfect-but-isn't-aware-that-he-is guy" and a girl with Parkinson's disease.

I could relate to the fact that Jake Gyllenhaal's role is a medical representative, because my mom and my sister had/have the same profession.

The movie revolves around their journey to finding love and falling in love in the least expected circumstances. The last conversation made me cry.

Jamie: Unfortunately, I need you and you need me.
Maggie: No I don't...
Jamie: Yes you do... you need someone to take care of you.
Maggie: No I don't...
Jamie: Everybody does.
Maggie: I'm going to need you more than you need me.
Jamie: That's okay.
Maggie: No, it's not!! It isn't fair. I have places to go.
Jamie: You'll go there. I just may have to carry you.
Maggie: I can't ask you to do that...
Jamie: You didn't.. Let's just say, in some alternate universe, there's a couple that's just like us. Only she's healthy and he's perfect and their world is about how much money they're gonna spend on vacation, who's on a mad mood that day or whether he'll give it you on having a cleaning lady... I don't wanna be those people. I want us. You. This.

Sometimes the thing you want most doesn't happen and sometimes the thing you never expect to happen, does... I don't know - you meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment