Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Nicknames

When I was a little, my two playmates were Ate Deeday and Cho-choy. Our Mamang gave us these nicknames that are far more different than our real names. Cho-choy and I served as younger siblings of our Ate Deeday and for a time, we lived happily in La Loma.

Years passed, we left and led on different lives. But the nicknames, Ate Deeday and Cho-choy kept. Still graduated on the same university, though at different time zones. And the closeness we’ve kept. That we’ll never share with any other Marcial cousin.

I reminisced a bit because of the picture on the stairs. The three of us had same picture when we were little. Where is Cho-choy? In Bulgaria during the time the photo was taken. Thanks for the ubong, Choy!
My nickname need not be mentioned, I was lucky, I didn’t carry it growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment