Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Being A Mommy

I kept on denying to myself that my baby is pregnant. I didn’t really want her to be pregnant because I still think of her as my baby. Even if her tummy is growing big and everybody’s telling that she’s pregnant, I still didn’t want to believe.

I was scared. That I won’t know how to take care of her and her babies. I was afraid that a baby might not survive at birth, I was even more afraid that she might not feed them, or clean them.. they might get sick and I will die if something bad happens to the babies, and even to her.

Last night, when we got home, it was very unusual because both of them weren’t excited. I didn’t hear their usual greeting. As I went inside, he was just sitting on cage, giving me a mesmerized and scared look. As I came nearer, I heard tiny voices, cries. Then I saw her holding her little babies! I was shocked and I panicked! Their small legs are passing through the grilles of the cage, so I called Dennis to take them inside.


Three new lives. Three little white babies. Three little Caspers and Cotton tucked and tangled in their mommy’s legs. Sometimes feeding on their mommy’s milk, crawling.. crying.. then sleeping.

I was proud of Cotton because he was the daddy! But I am even more proud of Casper! She did it! She made it! She brought her babies out, on her own. And she immediately knew how to clean them, feed them, hug them, take care of them.

I was amazed! My baby knew how to be a mommy. Now I know. Being a mommy is an instinct. When you’re baby is there, in front of you, you will know what to do.

This goes out to somebody I know who will soon be a mommy too.

1 comment:

  1. cute! i loooove dogs :)

    oh and could that soon to be mom be my dear cuz? hehehe! and by the way, my sister is expecting as well.

    how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete