Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The One Who Taught Me How To Make Tuna Sandwich

Yes, that is Tita Beth. The first time that I met her was when she went back here to see mommy and take care of her for a few weeks. She only eats tuna sandwich. And Yes! She made us eat tuna sandwich every meal as well. Even though it has been more than twenty years since mommy and Tita Beth last saw each other, their bonding as sisters was still there.

A few years after, I got the chance to see her family. The first time I called her on the phone, I cried after hearing her voice, it was like hearing my mommy’s voice(only with an accent). A month before mommy passed away, she had tubes in her throat and she couldn’t talk since then. I remember her scribbling notes with her doctor-like handwriting. Yes, she couldn’t talk but she would write everything. From “It’s hot” and “I’m hungry” to her mushy “I love you”s and “Take care of your sisters” notes.

Back to Tita Beth, after the phone conversation, I went to their place and I met my two pretty cousins that I’ve never seen in my life. During the overnight stay, I got the chance to know them. Had a peek of their lives a thousand miles away from here. They took me to places I never thought I would go. Told them stories of my life as well.

The experience was fun and indeed, a happy one. I felt I have my two little sisters with me and a mommy. A feeling that I last had a few years ago, since then.

Thank you, Tita Beth. For the memories and for your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment