Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Goodnews or badnews?

After Suzy told me the news that their application finally got approved, I felt happy and sad at the same time, sad. Happy because I know it’s their dream and they’ve been waiting for this for so long.. but sad because I will have another friend who will leave and be thousands of miles away.

I never thought she’d be my friend. She seemed quiet and serious at first. But spending time with her, I realized that she’s one of us: jolly, naughty and funny and a whole lot more. She makes up weird dances and acts, even in front of other people. She’s very workaholic, even shouts work in her dreams. She tells stories complete with actions and facial expressions.

On the other side, she was always there in bad times as well. Unexpectedly, she’ll find time out of her busy schedule to talk to us when there is a conflict. She was the only one who stood up for me at a time where everyone else was scared to talk. Then, after that, once in a while, in simple ways, she will make me feel that she’s just there, still caring.

I admire her, for being who she is. For taking up life’s challenges with a smiling face. And with the next news of having a baby, I felt happy and sad again. Happy because God has given them the angel that they’ve been trying to have for some time now… but sad because… because…

Naaahhhh… I don’t want to mention it here. This is really goodnews, not bad. I’m really happy for my friend and I will surely, surely miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment