Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Seeing Baby Move


I'm on my 22nd week and that is more than half way though the pregnancy.
The past weeks, I have been feeling some movement on my tummy but I wasn't sure yet if that's the baby or something else. Described on my pregnancy bible, fetal movement can be any of the following: flutters, butterfly wings flapping, gas bubbles, growling stomach, twitches, light tapping, like a little fish swimming. I've had all those and I've been calling hubby, putting his hand on my tummy but he hasn't really felt it yet.

Last night, all set up in bed, I felt a strong movement on my tummy. What I did, I called hubby, rolled up my shirt and told him to look at the part of my tummy where I felt the movement. We stared a few seconds, recognizing my normal breathing movement and there it was! A sharp bulge on a small part of my tummy! It was like a very sharp kick from a little foot, or a very strong push from a small hand. We were both in shock, in awe, and my heart jumped with joy. Pure happYness.

Then I remembered, today marks ten years since we last saw Mommy Rose. And somehow, it made me even happier with the thought that it was her making baby move last night. To make me feel them both.

1 comment: