Countdown Til Euen's First Birthday

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 20, 2009

Instant MakeUp Artist

I can count on my fingers the few times that I had makeup on my face: my wedding, special friends’ weddings, my college graduation, a party night out my best friend just made fond of me… Note that on my 29 years of existence, I never touched… moreso, learned how to use makeup.
But last Wednesday, because of my unconditional love for Kuting, I was taught how to apply basic makeup. The reason, she has a part on a wedding that we are supposed to attend. Due to time constraint and the event location, she couldn’t get anyone to put makeup on her. I was actually kidding when I volunteered, but she took it seriously. Thus, the practice makeup session with a professional artist. Most times, I just followed the instructions, laughed when she looked too white.. or when the lines where too dark. But I got a thumbs up for my masterpiece. Not bad for a first timer. Here are my notes.

1. Moisturizer using bare hands.
2. Foundation on face and neck.
3. Concealer on the eyes. (Too hide the eye bags.)
4. Eye brows. (Like combing upwards the first half and downwards the second half.)
5. Eye shadow, lighter color below. (Hard part.)
6. Eye liner. (My favorite, it’s just like drawing.)
7. Mascara on eye lashes, base color first then dark color, zigzag coat.
8. Make her smile, apply blush on in her cheeks in circular motion.(Smile, smile, smile.)
9. Lip liner on the lips.
10. Lip stick and lip gloss.
11. Bronzer on the sides to blend with the skin.
12. Apply face powder.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope I could do this again for the event.
Thanks to Toni, our teacher.
And to the Samsons, for the pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Gawin mo din sakin ito paguwi ko ha! :)
    Tapos girls night out tayo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pwedeng pwede! (kung makaya ko pa.)

    ReplyDelete